After two months of long break, drowned in sweat and tears, it is time to start the new semester.  Essentially, new semester connotes the expression of new ideas, new missions, new visions and new hopes. Behind these agenda, there lies the need to be mentally and physically prepared. What remains an issue is “the ability to maintain the degree of consistency” (Istiqamah).  

Up till know, I still remember my late grandma, her smile, her jokes and so does her kokeshi, a Japanese wooden doll that she bought for my birthday present when I was 7. My first year at primary school was a nightmare. My mum was right when she mentioned that moving me from Chinese kindergarten to Malay primary school was a mistake. I barely know how to speak in Malay and I had only a few friends. I ate my nasi lemak with my blue plastic chopstick and I always speak Chinese with my mother in public every time she came to school for my report card. Most of the time my schoolmate called me Melayu celup and usually, my grandma was always the person where I turn my face to. When I feel like giving up, she always reminds me about the kokeshi.  

I remain impressed with that wooden doll. No matter how hard and how many times you throw the doll on the floor, it will always stand as it normally does. That reminds me about the adventure of kokeshi warrior in his attempt to bring peace into his land. It’s only after grandma death in 2001, I then realised that she likened me with that myth hero. 

The first 3 days in Shah Alam gonna be an epic. As soon as I step my foot in, I need to clean my apartment and re-organise all my stuff. Then I need to do some shopping for new toiletries and pickup my laundry from the nearby laundry service shop in my neighbourhood I always go. After that I need to re-plant my cactus and get my hair cut. Then I need to consult with the admin in service for my class registration, print the past years final exam questions for every subject and do some check list for my text books and statutes. On the next following day, I need to settle my broadband fee and finish the revision note that I started throughout the semester break. Then I need to prepare the “perjanjian rajin belajar antara aku dan kamu”. 

People say that we will do our best once we had promised to do so with whom we had a bond with. Isn’t? I’m not really sure about it. But I guess it better be as what I previously thought since our previous “azam” had done little effect (haha~). Wish me luck..


I feel like new chakra flowing inside my body...(big smile) Takbir!! J