November 4, (to begin with personal things), traffic congestion due to a heavy shower of rain in the morning is not a new phenomenon. I walked slowly from Plaza Perangsang to the State Mosque for Friday’s prayer after two times I went to the former sixth floor to grab the umbrella. I tend to easily forget something that I’m not for all time used to carry it along.

I met quite a number of my colleague at the High Court (MRCB Building) during the court hearing but inevitably had to leave the proceeding after being informed by my 1st mentor (Civil), Encik Feisal that our case was unlisted. I also met Ku Amir during Friday’s prayer and Shahrul Azli with his friend, Fauzi at night. Well, at least I can now take a deep, relaxing breath once I knew that my slippers were not missing. It’s Nasrul’s doing.

I accompanied my 1st mentor (Civil), Encik Feisal to the High Court for civil hearing on divorce and studied the case and the application forms to track what are the both party disputed with and the stages of the proceeding. I had the opportunity to observe and evaluate how investigation session operate when the 3rd mentor (Civil), Encik. Mah Soon Sin, the 24 years old Assistant Diector, handled a case referred by an old man client for his legal expertise. He managed to control his emotional depression when Encik Mah advised that to challenge the indefeasibility of title is a high-profile case and is far beyond the civil jurisdiction conferred on the Bureau.

I went to Kolej University Islam Antarabangsa Selangor (KUIS) for ‘Klinik Guaman’ exhibition booth and respond to the visitor’s enquiries about the Bureau’s roles, organisation and jurisdiction. Most of the visitors were lecturers teaching for and student of Bachelor of Shariah with Law (Hons.), and some of them were administrative staff from the other booth like Malaysian Syarie Lawyer Society and Syariah Judical Department of Selangor. It’s the right time to establish relationship and social networking.

I learned how to prepare a Jointly Divorce Petition and Single Divorce Petition, analysis pleading for Fasakh and ‘Harta Sepencarian', and study closed files court litigations for mitigation in criminal sentence and divorce application in family division. Some of them came from my self-initiative, hungry for more skills and relevant input. Up till now I have enriched my legal vocab with terms like ‘Decree Nisi’, ‘Decree Absolute’, ‘Affidavit of Service’, etc.

I’m done already with my sort of like ‘story telling’ and ‘showoff’ on what was happened for the entire week, even there are some more things that I unable to recall right now. Yeah! There can be no longer ‘Before I can call it a week...’ anymore. Second week of my practical course has already passed!