For those who are familiar with corporate sector, the long series of successful attainments of Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Shah Bin Syed Nor Al-Bukhary, the richest Bumiputra corporate personnel in Malaysia, are not a new phenomenon. He started his career as a sole proprietor dealing with rice in 1990s, from which he turned his patience and determination into Syarikat Impian Teladan Sdn Bhd, Syarikat Ratu Jernih Sdn Bhd, Syarikat Perdana Padu Sdn Bhd and several other companies involving multimillion projects both in Malaysia and abroad.   

The general rule is that “no pain, no gain” and that makes me remains impressed with him for I possessed a considerable degree of reluctant to share with others something that I hardly grabbed or snatched.  I personally put little attention for what he had and will achieve in the future since our entitlement to Allah’s blessing may vary from one to another, nevertheless, he has my respect due to his readiness to distribute and channel millions of his asset out of his profit for charity though perhaps people may argue that ‘zakat harta” is the core obligation for a rich person like him. I completely have no idea of what he had been through previously but our common sense tells that there must be “thorn and storm” along the journey, isn’t it?

Compared to me, what is so challenging being an ordinary student? Most of the time I try to initiate my steps to study together with my other colleagues. I invites for their cares. But the seat is not always available for me. And that force me to walk by myself yet I’m not that stingy to share with other what I had learned and experienced from the adventure. But somehow, honestly speaking, I’m an ordinary being and I’m not like Tan Sri for I’m not possesses the same degree of generosity. But I have to learn from Tan Sri. I got to change and be like him. I got to be like him, definitely. Because I knew that there is a promise that “when you give a slice, soon you’ll have a loaf” and “when you make other easier to walk, soon other will make you easier to run”.

People said that when you are dizzy, don’t talk to those who are caught in flue. They never knew, never understand. So perhaps I better ask the advice from those who take 6 courses for this semester. I know that I’m not alone.

Picture credit: http://www.meshio.com